Junji Haiyama 「??? ???」 is one of the orphans from the Hyakuya Orphanage. He appears in Guren Ichinose: Catastrophe at Sixteen.
A four-year-old boy that tends to cling to Mika and cries when he has to leave.
He clings onto Mika and cries when he gets adopted, but Mika is able to calm him down and get him to leave willingly.
According to Mika, his is afraid of ghosts but is actually brave and will face his fears when told to be brave like Momotaro. He works hard and takes care of the older children without being told. Mika says he is smart and deserves a good education.
At some point in his life, he was picked up by the Brotherhood of a Thousand Nights, a religious organization infamous for cruel experimentation on orphans, and was experimented on as part of the Seraph of the End project.
Junji is told he is getting adopted, so he cries and clings to Mika. Eventually, Mika is able to soothe him, and he tells Miyuki Yamada (Mahiru Hiragi) how to take care of Junji. In reality, she is only taking him to use as a test subject.
As soon as they leave, Mahiru murders a man sitting in a blue sedan and knocks out Junji before leaving. They are attacked by vampires en route, and she protects Junji.
When she mentions Krul Tepes, the vampires take both her and the boy with them.
- None yet.
- "But Mika, I don’t want to. I don’t wanna go!"—To Mikaela, Chapter 2
- "I don’t want a new big sister! I… I… I wanna stay with you two! You’re my brother and sister!"—To Mikaela and Akane, Chapter 2
- "That’s what you said, Mika! You said I’m not alone anymore! That everyone at the orphanage is my family!"—To Mikaela, Chapter 2
- "Okay. If it will make you proud… then I’ll do my best."—To Mikaela, Chapter 2
- "Ah….wh….what…"—After Miyuki Yamada (Mahiru Hiragi) adopts him and promptly murders an innocent bystander right in front of him, Chapter 2