The Progenitor Council is a group of high ranking Progenitors who are tasked to monitor the lower ranking vampires. The Council is led by Urd Geales a second and the current strongest progenitor. They are a total of 19 vampires (excluding the First Progenitor and Saito). Only the rank of six and above are to attend the Council.
The Progenitor Council's goal is to annihilate the Demon Army and to destroy any organisation that conducts Human Experimentation. They conduct meetings once in a while to make decisions and discuss important issues like the Human Experimentation or The Demon Army issues. The meeting can also be conducted due to emergency, as Ferid a low ranking vampire conducted the meeting when the humans invaded Sanguinem.
The Meetings are held in their own castles where they connect to each other through a video call. The Progenitors only meet in person if they are punishing vampires or dealing with something important.
- Vampires are forbidden from meddling with the Seraph of the End. Violation will result in imprisonment for all eternity.
- Prior to the Apocalypse, vampires were forbidden from meddling with human affairs. This law was overturned once the human population became threatened, and vampires rose up to save their food supply.
- Drinking blood from another vampire is taboo.
- Only nobles are permitted to turn a human into a vampire.
- Vampires are not allowed to use another vampire's blood to turn a human into a vampire. If they do so, both the sire and the young vampire will be subjected to imprisonment for all eternity.
- Sixth progenitors and above have all been turned into vampires by the First Progenitor.
- Only sixth progenitors and above may attend a Progenitor Council meeting under normal conditions.
- Abnormal conditions include when a lower-ranking vampire is reporting on the battlefield or a lower-ranking vampire is the vampire of highest authority in a region.