Seraph of the End (終わりのセラフ, Owari no Serafu) is the anime adaptation of the Seraph of the End manga series. It was announced on August 28th of 2014.
The anime ran in two split cours (quarters of the year) with 12 episodes each: from April to June and then from October to December. The script for episodes 13-24 diverged from the manga and were written under Takaya Kagami's supervision.
Funimation is dubbing the anime in English and streaming it every Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. EDT on its "Dubble Talk" streaming block on the Funimation website for all-access pass subscribers.
Years ago, a lethal virus spread across the world, wiping out most of humanity and allowing vampires to enslave the human race. From there, Yūichirō Hyakuya and his fellow orphans at the Hyakuya orphanage are treated as livestock, only being allowed to live for their blood. Desperate for freedom, Yūichirō and his best friend Mikaela hatch a plan to escape with their family to the outside world, hopefully free from vampires—only for their attempts to end in tragedy. As the only one to make it out alive, Yūichirō allies himself with the Japanese Imperial Demon Army — Japan's only hope against the vampires — in order to avenge his fallen friends.
Main article: Episodes
- Original Story: Takaya Kagami
- Original Art: Yamato Yamamoto
- Original Storyboards: Daisuke Furuya (Shueisha Jump SQ. comic series)
- Series Structure/Screenplay: Hiroshi Seko
- Deputy Director: Masashi Koizuka
- Character Design: Satoshi Kadowaki
- Visual Development Art: Hiroki Shinagawa
- Music Producer: Hiroyuki Sawano
- Music Production: Yasushi Horiguchi (Legendoor)
- Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
- Sound Production: Rakuonsha
- Sub Character and Prop Design: Takuma Ebisu
- Chief Animation Directors: Satoshi Kadowaki, Ayumi Yamada
- Main Animators: Megumi Tomita, Miho kato, Yuka Sugizaki, Takuma Ebisu
- Color Design: Fumiko Numahata
- Art Director: Seiko Yoshioka
- Art Design: Kazushi Fujii
- Background Art: Studio Pablo
- Director of Photography: Yasuhiro Akamatsu
- 3D Director: Tsukasa Saito
- 2D Works: Hirofumi Araki
- Editor: Masaki Utsunomiya
- Animation Produced By: WIT STUDIO
English Staff Edit
- ADR Director: Jerry Jewell
- Assisstant ADR Director: Josh Grelle
- Lead Engineer: Stephen Hoff
- Assistant ADR Engineer: Gregory Taylor