Note: For Shigama Doji, go here.
Shikama Dōji manifests as a dark, smoky amorphous creature with a wide "mouth," jagged fangs, and a pair of jagged horns that curve back behind their head. This "mouth" contains an eye-like glowing orb.
According to the the light novels, Shikama Dōji's true form is described as a slim androgynous person with horns, who appears to be around twenty-five or twenty-six years old, and Shinoa herself couldn't tell if the demon is a male or female.
Shikama Dōji appears to be very quiet and only shares their emotions with Shinoa. According to Shinoa, they talk within her heart, and the two seem to get along as Shinoa calls them "Shi-chan."
As a demon, Shikama Dōji was present in Shinoa Hīragi's body at birth as the result of an experimentation using Tenri Hīragi's sperm to impregnate a demon-possessed woman. As Shinoa grew older, so did Shikama Dōji's influence, which is the reason Shinoa's older sister, Mahiru Hīragi to somehow extract Shikama Dōji from Shinoa when the latter was very young, thus causing Shinoa to completely forget about Shikama Dōji.
Mahiru then takes Shikama Dōji into herself which, combined with her demon, Asuramaru, quickens Mahiru's transformation into a demon. Shikama Dōji was sealed into a scythe and was used at least once by Mahiru until the demon requested to return to Shinoa, so Mahiru gave the demon to Guren to give to Shinoa.
On December 2nd, 2012, Shikama Dōji appears as a black scythe when summoned by Mahiru in Sanguinem where the demon cuts the bindings holding Mahiru to the cross. Later that day, a vampire Mahiru uses Shikama Dōji to greatly increase her strength in her attack on Saitō.
On December 10th, Mahiru gives Shikama Dōji to Guren for him to deliver to Shinoa. On December 23rd, Guren gives Shikama Dōji to Shinoa, and Shinoa loses consciousness.
Shikama Dōji reunites with Shinoa of his own will because they were together from birth. With Shikama Dōji, Shinoa will be able to survive the Apocalypse. Since Shinoa can completely close off her heart from the demon far better than Mahiru ever could, Shikama Dōji tells her she is the perfect result of the experiment she was born from and may contact any number of demons without fear of losing control. He says Shinoa currently has little desire, but she will meet someone who will make her feel it in eight years.
Shinoa wakes up after ten hours of sleep and manifests Shikama Dōji to protect Norito Goshi from their assailants.
Story: Vampire Reign
Shikama Dōji has only served as Shinoa's weapon thus far.
Forms and Abilities
Very little is known about this demon.
- Demon's Thrall: He may enter the dreams of his host and use their memories to torment them in a battle of wills to possess their body. Shikama Dōji has yet to be shown using this ability.
- Basic Form: He takes the form of a scythe with a glowing green blade. Shinoa can call out the demon to attack an enemy. A manifestation-type demon weapon strongest at mid-range.
- Miniature Form: A black pen-length rod that is more convenient to carry.
- Perception: Shikami Dōji can detect anything that comes within the radius of his scythe.
- Manifestation: At Shinoa's orders, he can manifest into a large smoky creature that will attack whoever she chooses.
Not yet published in English.
Quotes: Vampire Reign
- "..."--Shikama Dōji, Multiple Chapters